Terms & Conditions
1. No matter how long you’ve lived in London, it never fails to surprise you. The photos submitted for this competition should provide tales of the unexpected from around our great city. The photos should reflect the city’s eccentricities and highlight the surprising and often incongruous nature of its sights and sounds.
2. To enter this competition, between 31 March 2017 and 30 April 2017:
follow londonlive on Instagram; and
post your photo on Instagram marking it with the hashtag #londoncityofcontrasts (and including a brief description of it).
3. This competition is open to all UK residents. Proof of residence may be required.
4. Each entry must be comprised of the entrant’s sole and original work.
5. Entries submitted by agents or third parties will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
6. Ten (10) photos will be selected by a panel of judges and the short-listed entrants will have their respective photos displayed at a gallery event in London at which the winner will be announced. If the winner is not present when the winner is announced, the winner will be notified via email.
7. The promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of any entry. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants should retain a copy of their entries. The promoter shall not be required to provide any entrant with a copy of his/her entry. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the promoter shall have no liability whatsoever to any entrant with respect to this competition.
8. In addition to being declared the winner, the winner will receive the following prize: a Nikon D5600 camera with an 18-55mm lens.
9. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
10. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond the promoter’s control.
11. The promoter will not be liable for any prize that does not reach the winner for reasons beyond the promoter's reasonable control.
12. If the winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after being declared the winner or is not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the promoter's reasonable control, then the promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
13. The promoter's decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified.
14. The promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including the winning entry) if the entrant acts in a way towards the promoter, other entrants or London Live staff which the promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the promoter reserves the right to select another winner.
15. By submitting an entry, the entrant (a) grants ESTV Limited (owner and operator of London Live) an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, exhibit and exploit the entry throughout the world in perpetuity in any and all media now known or hereafter devised (although, as between ESTV Limited and the entrant, the entrant will remain the exclusive owner of the copyright in the entry); (b) represents and warrants that the entry is comprised of the sole and original work of the entrant and that the exercise by ESTV Limited and its successors, licensees and assigns of the rights in the entry granted by the entrant under these Terms & Conditions will not violate any law, regulation or right of any kind whatsoever or give rise to any actionable claim or liability; and (c) hereby indemnifies ESTV Limited against and from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees and disbursements) arising out of any breach or alleged breach by the entrant of any representation, warranty or other provision set out in these Terms & Conditions.
16. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this competition.
17. This competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this competition.
18. The promoter of this competition is ESTV Limited, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5HF. This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram.