A teenager who died after smuggling drugs into Fabric nightclub was a ’naive’, an inquest has heard.
Jack Crossley collapsed outside the Farringdon venue on August 6 after taking MDMA on a night out with friends.
The hearing was told the 18-year-old, from Worcester Park in south London, died after taking drugs into the club before buying more from a stranger at the bar.
Following the hearing at Poplar Coroner’s Court on Wednesday, a verdict was recorded of death by MDMA toxicity.
Coroner Mary Hassell said: "The death was drug related but it does not mean the person was mainlining heroin. Jack was a youngster who had had only taken MDMA twice before.
“He did what so many youngsters do without any consequences. A naive drug user is someone who goes out to a nightclub with friends and does a foolish thing that ends up in tragedy."
The teenager’s death followed that of 18-year-old Jack Browne in June, which triggered the closure of the club.
It’s due to reopen on Friday with a stricter door policy.