Senior Technology Engineer
2 Derry Street, London, W8 5TT
London Live burst onto the scene on March 31st this year. A brand new entertainment channel for London, it’s available on Freeview Channel 8, Sky 117, Virgin 159. We broadcast a mix of original entertainment programming and 5.5 hours of news and current affairs every day.
A sister company of the London Evening Standard, London Live is a brand new platform for Londoners across TV, mobile, online and outdoor. We’re proud to be a showcase for the freshest new talent, both behind and in front of the cameras, and 100% made in London.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
The role requires a Senior Engineer who will be part of a 10 person team responsible for looking after the technical aspects of getting London Live on air. The role requires a flexible and adaptive personality with methodical work practice. Quality control of the signals in and out of the Master Control Room.
You will be asked to help with technical issues that arise within the broadcast systems and also to help out other departments, production, editorial, journalist with any technical issues. This will require excellent fault finding skills mixed with good communication to come to a solution. Propose forward thinking solutions with full documentation to present to management.
What you need to do:
- Have a in depth knowledge of the technical systems within the London Live MCR
- Manage the day to day running within MCR, monitoring and quality control of the incoming and outgoing video and audio signals
- Communicate with the relevant departments with information and Studio utilisation
- Constantly thinking for future developments
- Research and propose solutions generated by the daily/long term technical issues that arise
- Prepare documentation with technical drawings for technical proposals
- Keep documentation up to date, technical drawings and checklists
- Carry out any maintenance required on equipment
- Work within health and safety guidelines
- In depth Knowledge of Video and Audio equipment used in Broadcast systems
- Experienced in fault finding Audio and Video signals and equipment
- Experience of communicating the faults condition to relevant parties and raising and managing a ticket system for tracking of these faults
- Demonstrable experience of operating Video and audio technology implemented in the Broadcast arena
- Good level IT experience including configuration of PC’s, network planning and video streaming with experience with Mac OSX and Windows
- Experience in quality control HD/SD signals that pass through the Main Control Room
- Understanding of Live OB environment
- Knowledge of Wireless Technology including COFDM and mobile 4G technology
- Experience with Graphics systems
- Understanding of News control systems
- Experience with robotic camera systems.
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras
- Studio Lighting experience
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- A self-motivated individual who is happy to work off their own initiative
- A multi tasker, with bags of energy, who can work flexibly in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and deal with multiple departments
- Able to distribute jobs when required
- Willing to progress the technology within the company to push forward the quality of production
London Live is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.